Hello people! Welcome to your own place. I am glad that you care about your mental well-being and are willing to learn a few things about your mind. Today’s blog is all about taking things slow and learning how to get started with meditation.
First of all, let us understand some terms that we have all heard often: mindfulness and mediation.
What is mindfulness?
What is meditation?
Meditation, as defined by the Oxford dictionary, is “the practise of focusing your mind in silence, especially for religious reasons or in order to make your mind calm.”
Steps to get started
1. Take a seat in a quiet place.
2. Close you eyes and feel your breath.
3. Once you have regulated your breath, shift your focus to body parts.
4. The mind may wander, but once you notice it, bring focus back to the practice.
5. End the practise with kindness.
Note that meditation is a practice, and you only get better at it as you keep practicing. For starters, I would recommend any of the two videos below to get started.